Monday, June 15, 2009

Best of Bonnaroo- Saturday


This was my last day because sadly I had an 8 am class on Monday so I made sure to make the most of it.

Jimmy Buffet- Never did I think that I would ever actually go to a Jimmy Buffet concert. It was a good way to start off the day and it is what you would expect from a Buffet show. The cougars were out in full force at this one. Good times

Bon Iver- Good chill music to relax to. Was actually really impressed with this set.


Of Montreal- Words cannot explain this set. Check the vid above of "She's a Rejector". The show was sort of like a Cirque de Soleil show. Their was weird things going on in the background the whole show that sort of told a story. I have no idea what was going on in that story but it was definitely trippy and made for an amazing show.

Mars Volta- Crazy hard rock. What you would expect from Mars Volta.

Bruce Springsteen- The boss came and he conquered. I have never been a Springsteen fan but I will be damned if that wasn't one of the more entertaining shows of Roo. He played for about 3 hours and I recognized only about 3 songs. Still amazing and he made a believer out of me.

Nine Inch Nails- Last show in the United States ever and they made it epic. NIN always rocks hard and Trent Reznor knows how to command the stage. Definitely one of the top shows of Roo.

MGMT- Too crowded so left early. Wasn't that impressed so went and danced at the disco tent where the real party was.. Crazyness followed