Saturday, July 11, 2009

Dead Weather Album Review

Alright where to begin with this one. Jack White has another new band and the guitar virtuoso decided to play drums on this one. Confused? So was I until I heard who the other members of the band were. Jack White recruited members of The Raconteurs and Queens of the Stone Age. Along with it he got The Kills front woman Alison Mosshart. Being a fan of The Kills I immediately got excited for this band. After listening to the album I am not disappointed.

The best way to describe this band is White Stripes with a full band. The Dead Weather have a much more raw sound than the Raconteurs. They are fueled by Jack White's spastic drumming throughout the album. Jack's drumming is definitely comparable to his guitar playing in that it has a raw sound. Alison Mosshart also goes great with Jack White because their voices are sort of similar. They do a good job of alternating the singing all through the CD. When listening to this CD I just got a dirty vibe from it. The whole CD gives off a dirty vibe which I loved. This is the type of music that you would expect to hear in Sin City while Mickey Rourke's character is beating some ass. It might just be me but thats the vibe I got it... Overall I definitely recommend this album and from a Jack White band standpoint I would rate Dead Weather a little below the White Stripes but an improvement over The Raconteurs. Be sure to give these guys a listen.