Friday, April 1, 2011

The Turkeys: Story of the Band that Never Was


I remember two years ago I was given the task of covering hot buzz band The Turkeys. Might have been the worst weekend of my life as these guys all were the worst of the worst.. Brilliant music but terrible people. Their struggles with alcohol, drugs, voodoo and enormous egos caused them to break up that weekend.. Above is the cover of their never released album "Fallen on the Side of the Road" These guys fell alright... They fell hard. 
The names Peter, Jackson, Justin and Matt were looking to be as recognizable as John, Paul, George and Ringo. Didn't work out that way.. At all. I'll give you the cliff notes of my time with these turkeys. 

  • Day one Matt broke off with the band and tried to start a rap group with his friend Andy. Bands name was Matt and Andy Project
  • Jackson got so drunk he fell on the road and refused to perform because he thought the bruise made him look too ugly
  • Peter freaked out about something and went on a Twitter rant that got him banned from Twitter.
  • Justin got in a fight with Matt and punched a wall breaking his arm.. Note the cast in the picture above
Now you guys may ask why I'm posting this story now two years later about this band that never made it. To be honest I almost forgot about these guys and assumed they were dead. Like honestly I couldn't reach any of them and they all vowed never to talk to each other again by the end of the weekend. I then came across this picture..
This looks to be a recent picture of these guys. I've been calling around and couldn't catch any of them. Can they possibly be reuniting? I can't imagine they would after last time. If anybody has any information on them please let me know!