Friday, September 17, 2010

TRL Fridays!!!! (Silverchair "Ana's Song" edition)

\\\

With the debut of TRL Friday last week, I brought you the classic summer jam from LFO "Summer Girls". That song was in memory of Rich Cronin, their singer who recently died of cancer. This week I'm going with a more rock direction. TRL was in fact, more than just boy bands and pop divas. TRL also had some good rock songs thrown in the mix. This song in particular always sort of scared me when I was a kid. It blew my mind to hear a singer sing about his past experience with anorexia. It honestly sort of freaked me out. I was more used to songs along the line of "Hit Me Baby One More Time". Seeing this video still sort of gives me chills. Daniel Johns is pretty obvious with the lyrics of the song "Ana wrecks your life" obviously is talking about anorexia. So I'm posting this video because for me, it was my first real experience to music that wasn't considered pop and it dealt with personal problems that weren't just broken hearts. So kick back and let the nostalgia kick in while watching this TRL classic.