Friday, September 10, 2010

TRL Fridays!!!



Introducing a new feature on the blog. Growing up, the only thing that kept me sane in middle school was coming home and watching TRL. Most of my memories of the mid 90's to early 2000's are based on the videos that dominated the countdown.... Don't judge me... Anyway, it was a happier time where you can watch your favorite video 50 days in a row before it would be retired. All the new videos would always have their debut on TRL, and more importantly it was a time when there was actually music on MTV. Yeah a lot of the videos were cheesy and poppy, but where else could you see the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Britney Spears, and Outkast all on the same countdown? So in honor of the positive effect that Carson Daly and TRL had on my life, I've decided to pay homage to TRL by having TRL Fridays. This feature is just me posting a random TRL video every Friday. Basically whatever I'm feeling.

The first video that I decided to post was LFO's "Summer Girls". The reason I'm kicking off with this song is because earlier this week one of these guys died of Leukemia. This is actually pretty sad because he was only 35. But hopefully he's in a better place now getting all the Abercrombie and Fitch wearing girls and maybe he can eat Chinese food without getting sick.. Is that in bad taste? Anyway let his memory live on in this classic video that used to dominate the TRL charts. Check in next Friday for another TRL classic.