Friday, October 1, 2010

TRL Fridays!!!! (Kanye West edition)



Bloggers may have pissed Kanye West off this week. We took advantage of his G.O.O.D Friday releases and still posted "Lost in the World", a leaked track of his new album. While the song was a banger, the YouTubes were taken down and Kanye expressed his anger over the leak on Twitter. He threatened to hold back on G.O.O.D Friday and not bless us with a free track this week.... Bummer... He later said that G.O.O.D Friday might still be on today. We can only hope.. All of this made me reflect on when my obsession with Kanye first began. I remember being in high school and moving away from modern music. I was sucked into the trap of only listening to classic rock and jam bands to fit in with the other kids.. Kids weren't really that current in my school. It says a lot about me trying to fit in back in the day, yet still not truly being happy with myself... Wait was that the beginning of my downward spiral? Hmm..Anyway enough of my personal problems. I remember flipping through the channels and seeing on TRL some rapper talking about how he recorded a new song with his mouth wired shut after getting in a car accident. At that point I had been removed from the modern music scene and had no idea who that rapper was. I was intrigued by this guys ridiculous amount of cockiness and decided that I would watch the video. That was the first Kanye video that I saw and was immediately hooked. Kanye restored my faith in rap and let me become more accepting of modern music again. Watch this historic (Kanye's own words) video for "Through the Wire" and feel Kanye's pain (His words again).