Saturday, February 12, 2011

Javelin Party it up in Brooklyn

Last night Javelin played the Glasslands in Brooklyn. A couple of questions were going on in my mind the whole set.

First: Are my dance moves too much? Do I need to scale back?
Second:  How are these two guys producing this music?
Third: Seriously do I need to scale back my dancing?

I guess for professional purposes I should focus this review more on the second question.. Anyway Javelin came out last night around midnight and immediately jumped in to their syth get up.  As you can see in the pic above, that getup is basically synth drums and a synth mic. That's all they really needed to get people to let loose and start a dance party. They kept the set fresh by throwing in random covers. When I say random covers.. I mean random covers.. They played Madonna's "Get into the Groove" and "Fara Jacka" Yeah I'm not kidding.. Anyway the whole show was fun and smiles were had all around. My only complaint for the show was that for the last song they asked if they should play "Oh! Centra" or "Vibrationz" The whole crowd wanted "Vibrationz" I wanted "Oh! Centra"... Apparently the rest of the crowd is more important.. Anyway besides that beef, it was a fun show and I definitely recommend seeing Javelin if they come your way.